Chicago, IL – July 26, 2018 —Vodori, Inc. announced today the election of its 2018 Board of Directors effective July 16, 2018. The seven board members come from a variety of public and private sector backgrounds.
“We welcome the leadership and industry expertise of such an extraordinary and accomplished group of leaders,” said Scott Rovegno, Vodori President & CEO. “Their diverse backgrounds in building and growing companies across technology, capital markets, consulting and healthcare are already providing incomparable perspective, access, and direction to our organization,” he added.
The Board of Directors include:
- Scott Rovegno, Chairman of the Board and President & CEO of Vodori. With over 20 years of life science experience, Scott is responsible for company strategy, business development, and helping Vodorians maximize their potential. Scott graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a degree in Economics.
- Richard Gochnauer, lead director. Richard retired in 2011 as Chief Executive Officer of United Stationers, a leading wholesale distributor of office and business products. From 1994 until he joined United in 2002, Richard held the positions of Vice Chairman and President, International, and President and Chief Operating Officer of Golden State Foods (GSF). Prior to GSF, Richard served as Executive Vice President of the Dial Corporation where he was responsible for their Household Consumer Products businesses. Richard is a current member of the board of AmerisourceBergen Corporation, UGI Corporation, Golden State Foods, and The Center for Higher Ambition Leadership. He earned a Masters degree in Business Administration from Harvard Graduate School of Business and a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Northwestern University.
- Dan Reiner is a founder, investor, and/or director of more than a dozen companies in the public and private sectors, spanning multiple markets from biotechnology to real estate. He was the Founding CEO and Executive Chairman of Stemcentrx, a cancer drug development firm sold to Abbvie for $5.8+ billion in 2016. Prior to Stemcentrx, Daniel was formerly Chairman and CEO of telecommunications equipment company World Wide Packets. Daniel was an investor, executive, and board member for VaxGen, a spin out from Genentech, which executed on a Phase III clinical trial of an AIDS vaccine. He holds an MBA from Pepperdine University and has undertaken graduate studies in genetics and biochemistry at Wayne State University and the University of California, San Diego.
- Feyzi Fatehi is Silicon Valley veteran of Hewlett Packard and multiple disruptive technology start-ups that generated over $1 billion in shareholder value. He currently serves as the Chairman and CEO of Corent Tech – a disruptive innovator in the Cloud and SaaS technologies, that was named among the Top 10 Cloud Technology Solution Providers, and The Most Disruptive Private Companies in 2018. Feyzi–who was recognized as Entrepreneur of the Year by the Orange County Business Journal–is an avid supporter of entrepreneurship and education. He studied at Cambridge, Princeton, UT Austin, and UCLA, and serves as an advisor to UCLA Anderson School of Management, UCI Schools of Engineering and Computer Sciences, and the Beall Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- Richard Gadbois is Senior Advisor to Oakmont Corporation, a $2.5 Billion family office for Robert Day, where he has maintained an investment relationship since 1989. He is also Chairman of HS Group, an Asian-focused alternative asset management seeding firm. In 1994, Richard became a Senior Vice President with Merrill Lynch, where he advised insiders at public companies in the US and Europe. He retired from Merrill in 2001 with client assets of over $3 billion. He has served as Director of several public companies and charitable organizations over the last 20 years. Richard graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a BA in Economics.
- Rich Padula was previously founder and CEO of Syclo, a provider of mobile applications and mobile enterprise software development platform, leading it to its acquisition by SAP in 2012. He headed SAP’s mobile strategy until July 2014, but left the company to return to his startup roots, co-founding Deep Dish Technology, a development lab in Chicago where he and his team explore new technologies and incubate solutions, taking some to market. Rich currently serves on the faculty at Northwestern University, teaching at the Farley Center for Entrepreneurship and mentoring students at The Garage, NU’s innovation hub. He received a BS in Industrial Engineering from Northwestern University.
- Dennis Sweeney spent 22 years with McKinsey & Company, an international consulting firm, where he was a senior partner. During his years with McKinsey, he consulted with clients in the High Tech, Entertainment, Energy, Engineering and Construction, Healthcare, and Internet Commerce industries. Mr. Sweeney chairs the board of Pharos Innovations, a Chicago-based health care services company and he serves on the board of Plum Healthcare, a California-based provider of post-acute care services. He is a cofounder and board chair for the Rising Tide Transitional Housing Program in Orange County, which provides housing and transition services for youth emancipating at age 18 from the foster care system. Dennis received his undergraduate degree in economics from Princeton, and then served for four years in the U.S. Army as a Field Artillery officer, earning both Airborne and Ranger qualifications. He received his M.B.A., with distinction, from Harvard Business School.
The election of Vodori’s Board of Directors coincides with a $2 million capital raise to accelerate commercialization of Pepper Flow®, Vodori’s promotional review and approval system built exclusively for life sciences.
Since 2005, Vodori has been helping clients in the life science industry market, sell, support and service their clients. Vodori builds, implements, and supports Pepper Flow for its customers. Pepper Flow is part of the Pepper Cloud® Product Suite, a hub of SaaS products that enables organizations to manage, approve, publish, and withdraw content on a global scale, all from one platform. To learn more, visit www.vodori.com.