When it comes to MLR and medical information review, we’ve heard a whole range of complaints about paper-based or homegrown solutions–from arduous processes, to frustrated team members, to an overall lack of clarity. We’ve spoken to reviewers at many companies where approving every piece of content is time consuming and painful.
Your review process doesn’t have to be stuck in its old ways. With a purpose-built MLR and medical information review solution, you could be saving time, approving more content, and finding ways to improve the productivity and satisfaction of your team.
Don’t believe us? Here are five before-and-after examples of how Vodori’s MLR and med info review software, Pepper Flow, can streamline your review process.
1. Keep track of work in progress
Move from manual spreadsheets to real-time visibility on work in progress.
- Track reviews and approvals in a spreadsheet.
- Manually update the spreadsheet so that you and your team can try to be on the same page.
- If your team’s spreadsheets are siloed, you may lack insight into other work in progress. As a result, that brochure you were hoping to get approved next week may be on hold without your knowledge.
After (with Pepper Flow): Jobs board
- The Jobs board in Pepper Flow allows you to see the status of all work in progress.
- As work progresses, the status of a document in review updates automatically to align with your company’s review process and SOPs.
- Filter to find tasks assigned to you or category-specific documents, like product or geography.
2. Gather feedback
Move from managing multiple PDF documents to annotating directly on a variety of document types.
Before: separate PDFs
- Receive several annotated, printed PDFs–one from each reviewer.
- Collate and compare annotations. Find that some of the feedback conflicts, and some of the questions need input from other team members.
- Try to explain and resolve the situation via email. The discussion spirals into a long email chain, and eventually, a meeting.
After (with Pepper Flow): annotations
- Annotate on documents in review alongside your team members in real time.
- Add replies, resolve annotations, and use colors to categorize feedback.
- @mention other people on your team to get answers to your questions and clarify feedback quickly.
- Comment on various file types, including videos, PowerPoints, web pages, and more.
3. Get official approval
Move from sifting through emails to clear approvals and next steps.
Before: email chains
- Dig through long email chains to figure out whether you have official approval from each of your reviewers.
- Along the way, discover feedback you missed and open questions that require re-review.
After (with Pepper Flow): votes
- See all reviewers that have been assigned to review a document and, if available, each reviewer’s vote.
- To complete a task, reviewers cast a vote to clearly show what they think should happen next with a document. Reviewers can vote to approve or reject a document, or send the document back to the appropriate team for revisions and re-review.
- After all reviewers have voted, Pepper Flow automatically moves the document to the next step, whether it’s an approval or another round of revisions.
4. Be audit ready
Move from manual record keeping to automated audit trails.
Before: homegrown file system
- Save an email chain in your inbox. Maybe even print it out and file it away.
- When an audit comes around, dig through your records to find the materials you need.
After (with Pepper Flow): audit trail
- Pepper Flow automatically records everything that happens to a document, including comments, approvals, new versions, and more.
- View audit trails within the app, or export them as CSVs to share with someone digitally.
- When an audit comes around, use the search bar to find the exact documents you need.
5. Improve your operations
Move from insufficient data to seamless reporting.
Before: non-centralized data tracking
- Keep track of tedious data like average review time and number of rounds (which takes significant time and resources), or choose to not capture data and struggle with optimizing your process over time and/or identifying bottlenecks.
- When it comes to document expirations, check another spreadsheet periodically to see when documents need to be re-reviewed.
After (with Pepper Flow): seamless reporting
- Generate a number of reports from Pepper Flow Insights within minutes.
- Track average review duration, number of documents approved per reviewer, and more to find bottlenecks and improve time to market.
- Keep track of expiration dates and other document properties to plan for upcoming reviews.
Pepper Flow can revamp your MLR and medinfo review process. Not only does it automatically take care of mundane, repetitive tasks; it also provides ways to ensure your team is operating at its best.